- This event has passed.
THURSDAY DOG HIKE at CASTLEWOOD
September 29, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
Time to be a little more flexible on our Thursday hikes. We’ll still go to Castlewood for a while, but it might get too chilly for creek walks. Or, it might be 95 degrees. We have lots of options here, depending on weather. And fall foliage is good from the blufftops.
We can do any of the following:
1. Creek walk, if it’s really hot
2. River Scene Trail, up the hill to the blufftop, 4 miles, pretty easy
3. River Scene Trail along the level trail that follows the river, easy.
4. Grotpeter Trail, the most difficult, about 5 miles…in cold weather
5. River Scene Trail to Lone Wolf (my favorite), across the creek and back up the Grotpeter Trail along the creek.
EXACT ROUTE WILL BE POSTED A FEW DAYS IN ADVANCE, so you know what kind of shoes to wear. If it’s going to be 80 degrees or more, we will walk the creek, like we do all summer. Otherwise, we’ll figure it out when I see the weather forecast.
Use meetup mapping or your GPS to get to the park. Once inside the park come to the second parking lot on the left…past the pavilion and the playground