- This event has passed.
September PUPPY ONLY DMV Small Dog Play Group: MEET&GREET
September 18, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
**PUPPY ONLY MEET&GREET**
The time of this event has changed to 11a! This event is for small puppies older than 16-18 weeks/ 4 months (only if fully vaccinated) and under 18 months! Also, the meetup is limited to 15 puppies (feel free to bring human guests as you wish). PLEASE note the organizer has never visited Shaw Dog Park, and does not have a puppy, but tried to find a fenced dog park with a small dog section near Meridian Hill area. Talk to organizer for change of location.
Shaw is easily metro accessible and parking is mostly on the street. There is also church next door at 1000 R St NW called Tenth Street Baptist Church that offers up to 11 free parking spots.
The organizer will be OUT OF TOWN until September 14.
A $10 donation annually is recommended, (the platform charges me monthly to have the meetup group). You can pay in venmo, PayPal, Facebook pay, or cash at any event and your donation goes directly towards improving the group. BUT I am low income myself, so I understand how struggling can prevent a person from making it to social events. If you are in this position, we don’t want the donation to stop you from attending. If this is the case, speak to the organizer, and you can ‘pay-what-you-can’ down to $0.
In order to keep our pups as safe and protected as possible, please respect our guidelines and rules.
Any dog attending meetups must be
1. Under 25 lbs
2. Fully vaccinated and up to date on vaccinations (“Fully vaccinated” includes being current on DHPP and Rabies. Most dogs begin these vaccination cycles in puppyhood and continue with boosters every 1-3 year by Veterinary recommendation with optional vaccines being Influenza, Lyme disease, Leptospirosis, and Bordetella depending on your dogs lifestyle)
3. Older than 16-18 weeks (this is when the puppy is eligible to be fully vaccinated)
4. Current on Flea protection
5. Current on Worm protection
6. Able to usually respond to basic commands directly from their own person
1. We want to leave the location better than the way we found it, so please pick up waste and trash
2. Bring bags to clean up after your Pup
3. Be considerate of other people and their dog. Respect is key.
4. Be mindful of your dog and their behavior at all times.
5. Solicitation of other members for any reason is against the guidelines of this group
***We understand that sometimes dogs will be dogs! However, if any of the following events occur, you and your dog may be respectfully asked to leave the meetup:
1. The dog in your care shows aggressive behavior towards other dogs numerous times after being asked by you to stop
2. The dog in your care injures, or seriously attacks another dog
3. You, as a human, are negligent of your dogs aggressive behaviors, and do not respond appropriately (especially if requested by other members).
4. You, as a human, are disrespectful towards another person or dog in the group (this includes but is not limited to: picking up, grabbing, feeding, or petting other dogs without their human’s expressed consent, hurtful language on basis of race, gender, sexuality, nationality, culture, religion, etc., and even giving unsolicited dog-parenting advice without consent) ***