- This event has passed.
September DMV Small Dog Play Group: MEET&GREET
September 16 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm EDT
My partner and I recently relocated to Capitol Hill with our 3 tiny dogs, Jack, Jubilee and Pancake. Both of us are huge dog lovers and we are happy to be in a city that has many people who love dogs just as much! We live closest to Kingsman dog park and we are excited that it will be getting an update in the coming year. We love being outside with our dogs, and have both sold our cars recently to travel here, so have become more into biking lately too.
The organizer will be OUT OF TOWN until September 14. We would love to have suggestions on where people (and their dogs) would want to meetup!
A $10 donation annually is recommended, (the platform charges me monthly to have the meetup group). You can pay in venmo, PayPal, Facebook pay, or cash at any event and your donation goes directly towards improving the group. BUT I am low income myself, so I understand how struggling can prevent a person from making it to social events. If you are in this position, we don’t want the donation to stop you from attending. If this is the case, speak to the organizer, and you can ‘pay-what-you-can’ down to $0.
**BOTH Venmo/PayPal: @mxlayneOR bring cash with you to the event**
In order to keep our pups as safe and protected as possible, please respect our guidelines and rules.
Any dog attending meetups must be
1. Under 25 lbs
2. Fully vaccinated and up to date on vaccinations. “Fully vaccinated” includes being current on DHPP and Rabies. We also strongly recommend Leptospirosis, Bordetella and Influenza because our dogs will be playing in close contact and are more at risk to succumbing to one of these illnesses. Most dogs begin these vaccination cycles in puppyhood and continue with boosters every 1-3 years by Veterinary recommendation with optional vaccines such as Lyme disease, depending on your dogs lifestyle.
3. Older than 16-18 weeks (this is when the puppy is eligible to be fully vaccinated)
4. Current on Flea protection
5. Current on Worm protection
6. Able to usually respond to basic commands directly from their own person
1. We want to leave the location better than the way we found it, so please pick up waste and trash
2. Bring bags to clean up after your Pup
3. Be considerate of other people and their dog. Respect is key.
4. Be mindful of your dog and their behavior at all times.
5. Solicitation of other members for any reason is against the guidelines of this group
***We understand that sometimes dogs will be dogs! However, if any of the following events occur, you and your dog may be respectfully asked to leave the meetup:
1. The dog in your care shows aggressive behavior towards other dogs numerous times after being asked by you to stop
2. The dog in your care injures, or seriously attacks another dog
3. You, as a human, are negligent of your dogs aggressive behaviors, and do not respond appropriately (especially if requested by other members).
4. You, as a human, are disrespectful towards another person or dog in the group (this includes but is not limited to: picking up, grabbing, feeding, or petting other dogs without their human’s expressed consent, hurtful language on basis of race, gender, sexuality, nationality, culture, religion, etc., and even giving unsolicited dog-parenting advice without consent) ***