- This event has passed.
Paw Pals at the Pool – The Water Mine
September 10 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
For this month’s Meetup event, we’ll be trying something new! Pools across the country will be shutting down for the winter in the next few weeks, but many venues are going out with a bang by hosting doggie swim events before they drain their pools. What could be cooler than closing out the summer at the pool with our paw pals?
On Saturday, September 10th, **The Water Mine** in Reston will be hosting ***Dog Daze***, an event featuring dogs-only swimming, a Canine Resource Fair, and fun for the whole family. It’s not an official Paw Pals event, but we’d love to see you there as we enjoy the last bit of summer with our paw pals and friends. The whole event runs from 9:00am-1:00pm, but we’ll be there starting at **11:00am**.
The cost is just $10 per dog with net proceeds funding FCPA Dog Parks & Programs via donations to the [Fairfax County Park Foundation](https://fairfaxparkfoundation.org). Honor your four-legged friend with a donation.
When you arrive, simply park in the parking lot and head inside to find us. We’ll make sure to have our Paw Pals caps on to make it easy for you! ***Note: This not an official Paw Pals event; it is a public Fairfax County Park Authority event***.
**Note from Fairfax County Park Authority website:**
* All dogs must be current on vaccinations.
* All dog handlers must be 18 years or older and supervise dogs at all times.
* No female dogs in heat or puppies younger than 3 months old.
* Aggressive or unruly dogs are not permitted.
* Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
* Dogs swim at owner’s risk.
* Humans are not permitted in the pool.
For more information, head to [Fairfax County park Authority](https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/park-news/2022/z-ir115) website.
**Our general rules include:**
* Please keep your dog up to date on all vaccines. If your dog is sick the day of the event, please keep them home.
* Please bring plastic bags to pick up your dog’s waste, and come prepared with water for both your dog and yourself.
* Owners must maintain control of their dog at all times. All dogs must be on a regular non-retractable 4-6 foot leash.
* Only friendly people with well-socialized and friendly dogs should join. Dogs that show repeated signs of aggression may be asked to leave.
**Other notes include:**
* All walks/events are at your own risk. We will do our best to let members know what to expect on the outing, including an outside link to information about the walk. However it is up to each member to determine if the walk/event is right for you and your dog.
* We reserve the right to remove members who go for more than 3 months without logging onto the group website, or who go for more than 6 months without attending a meet-up.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please let us know via the contact link.
To become a member contact us at email@example.com with a brief introduction and photo of yourself with your dog. This is for safety reasons so that we can recognize members when we meet for walks.
For more information, feel free to contact **Paw Pals Sitting** at **703-393-PAWS (7297)**, visit out website at [www.localpawpals.com](www.localpawpals.com), like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram.