- This event has passed.
Landa Park, Hinman Island and Herbert’s Mexican Restaurant
January 15 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EST
Join us for a walking tour of two beautiful city parks in nearby New Braunfels! (Robert had some great events here in the past!)
We’ll begin at Landa Park, the beautiful 51-acre landmark that hugs the Comal River in New Braunfels. The park features playgrounds, train rides, miniature golf, and a walking arboretum tour.
After that we’ll head towards Hinman Island Park which hugs the Guadalupe River.
There will be lots of cool things to see and we’ll be on paved or graveled paths the duration of the walk. This will be around a 3-mile walk.
We will be going to Herbert’s afterward which is a Mexican Restuarant in the area.
The address for Herbert’s is:
1440 N. Walnut Avenue
New Braunfels, TX 78130
Hope to see y’all there!
• Take IH 35 North, towards Austin
• Exit at Exit #187 and turn left at the light
• You will be on Seguin Avenue
• Follow Seguin Avenue to Main Plaza (traffic circle) in downtown New Braunfels
• Go halfway around the traffic circle and exit (right) back onto Seguin Avenue by the Courthouse
• Immediately get into the left lane
• At the second traffic light, turn right on Landa Park Drive at the entrance to Landa Park
• Find parking near the train station in the park. **(The Aquatic Center parking lot where we usually park will probably still be under construction)**
You can find more information on Landa Park HERE (http://www.nbtexas.org/index.aspx?nid=156).
Guides are available for all activities at the park office, corner of Landa Park Drive and Golf Course Rd.