- This event has passed.
Wed-Sun: Houston World Series of Dog Shows – Unhosted Event
July 20 @ 11:00 am - July 24 @ 7:00 pm EDT
This is an unhosted event, but RSVP and you can use the comments section to coordinate meeting times & places with other attendees.
Visit one of the best indoor dog shows in America! Along with breed judging and obedience, you’ll discover the excitement of flyball and barn-hunt competitions and furry athletes catching Frisbees and dancing to music. The creative grooming competition on Sunday will have some of them most colorful pups you’ve ever seen.
This is one of Houston’s must-see dog events attracting more than 40,000 spectators and 14,000 entries. Visit http://www.houstondogshows.com, like them on Facebook or follow them on Twitter (@Houstondogshows) for the latest information.
**WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?**
* **Entertainment -** you can spend the day admiring thousands of beautiful dogs and enjoying such action-packed events as Flyball, Frisbee® dogs, Canine Musical Freestyle and more.
* **Shopping -** Visit the McScotty Market for the best canine shopping opportunity all year in Houston – bring your $$ as vendors from around the country will sell everything a dog can eat, wear, play with or lie down in.
* **Education -** Everything you want to know about buying, training and caring for your dog is presented under one roof. Talk face-to-face with experts on any dog-related topic and learn about more than 100 different breeds at Meet the Breeds.
* **Watch elite competitors -** Many top-winning show dogs in the country, representing virtually every breed recognized by the AKC, will compete here. See rare breeds and extraordinarily well-trained performance dogs.
* **To try something new with your pup:**
**AKC’s My Dog Can Do That!** – Bring your dog to the AKC’s My Dog Can Do That! ring in Hall B. Spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There are no additional fees after you have purchased a ticket to the Shows.
**Barn Hunt** – To register, dogs must have a Barn Hunt number and complete the registration online prior to the event. **No registrations will be accepted at the event.** Entry fees vary depending on class type. **[Click here to register.](https://www.barnhunt.com/register/event.php?key=4617) [Click here to obtain a Barn Hunt number.](http://www.barnhunt.com/register.html#)**
**Barn Hunt’s “Find the Rat”** – Registration for “Find the Rat” will be available at the event. Just head over the Barn Hunt ring in Hall A. There is a fee of $10 per run.
**[SEE THE FULL SHOW SCHEDULE ](https://houstondogshows.com/schedule/)**or the [Show at a Glance flyer](https://3y5ewtwptrq1c1qcr251d8k1-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/At-A-Glance-7-8-22-AM.pdf)
Wed-Thurs are all-specialty shows, meaning limited competitions. Fri-Sun offer the largest variety of activities and events.
**Ticket prices vary daily. On-site ticket purchases are CASH ONLY. (ATMs available onsite)**.
**PURCHASE DISCOUNTED TICKETS ON GROUPON**: [https://www.groupon.com/deals/houston-world-series-of-dog-shows-4](https://www.groupon.com/deals/houston-world-series-of-dog-shows-4)
***Payment for parking onsite is CASH ONLY*** *but is free on Wednesday when you mention you are going to the Houston World Series of Dog Shows.*
[CLICK HERE](https://houstondogshows.com/parking/) for a complete list of parking
**Free admission for children under 12 accompanied by a ticketed adult.**
**WEDNESDAY ONLY – Free Admission for Everyone**
$10.00 Adults 13 to 54 years of age
$5.00 Seniors age 55 and older
$5.00 Active & retired military personnel and family w/ID
**FRIDAY – SUNDAY**
$15.00 Adults 13 to 54 years of age
$10.00 Seniors age 55 and older
$10.00 Active & retired military personnel and family w/ID
**What can I bring?** all items allowed into NRG Park facilities are subject to inspection; [See full show FAQ here](https://houstondogshows.com/visitors/#faq)
**HOT ASPHALT WARNING!!! -** **A dog’s paws are in danger of burning starting at approx 120°; based on the forecast, the concrete/asphalt temps will be 120-140°**+. You may have to walk quite a distance through the lot. Take precautions to avoid burnt paws – consider having your pup wear footwear to walk across the asphalt or plan to carry your pup through the lot.
**If you bring your dog, remember the following:**
* Competing dogs have been exposed to dogs at other shows across the country. For your dog’s health and safety, they should have had all vaccinations and be 6 months old.
* Your dog must be under control at all times.
* For health reasons, “community” water bowls are not provided. Please bring a water bowl or cup for your dog and be prepared to clean up after them.
* **RETRACTABLE/FLEXIBLE LEADS ARE NOT ALLOWED.** This is because of safety concerns due to crowd size, the potential for dogs and people to get tangled up and the potential for altercations with another dog.
Dogs may not be sold/adopted at the Show. Meet reputable breeders or visit the numerous rescues to make an appt. to purchase or adopt a dog.