- This event has passed.
Del Mar – San Dieguito Park Pack Walk
December 17, 2022 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
We will walk about an hour along moderate/advanced steep trails in a local park with suspension bridges, duck ponds, a butterfly garden and plenty of tranquil green areas. Park on the street, walk thru the gate. After you pass the guard shack, head down the road to the left. We will meet in the grassy area to the right side of that road. Please note the paid parking lot opens later at 9:30am so please arrive early to find street parking.
Meeting spot- SEE PHOTO will meet in the grassy area to the left side of main driveway and guard shack.
We welcome **ALL** dogs, breeds, and temperaments.
However, please note that this means dogs of different skill levels. Some dogs may be at the canine good citizen level, while others are at the “I need to learn social manners” level.
The great thing is that we are supportive of each other and respect where each of us is.
**Our Goal Is To:**
*CONNECT* with our dogs
*CAPTURE CALM* behavior
*CO-EXIST* as a group
We want to show our dogs that they are safe with us. We want to reward them when they choose to connect with us in spite of the highly distracting world around them.
* Dogs must remain on a lead no longer than 3 feet during our walks and under no circumstances, allow your dog off-leash around our group.
* We ask that you maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between dogs while walking and during breaks.
* We want to allow enough space between dogs so they are walking as close as possible without them having impulses to smell each other (or react). The goal is harmony and co-existence with space.
* We discourage nose-to-nose interactions – refrain from introducing dogs until AFTER the pack walk (we can provide a demo upon request)
* If your dog is vocal and likes to bark – please stand at the edge of the group so that he/she doesn’t trigger other dogs. Also please walk at the back of the pack.
* The goal is to find a place where your dog is relaxed. Walking inside their threshold stresses them out and that’s not the goal of the walk.
* We want our dogs to have a calm walk so if that means you have to start off 30+ feet away – that’s TOTALLY OK because we respect where your journey and if that is what your dog needs, so be it. We choose locations that allow you this much space.
* Only dogs who are up-to-date on rabies shot
* **NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES are permitted**
* For Dogs-In-Need-Of-Space (*DINOS*) if your dog is working on socialization, learning leash manners, has anxiety or medical concern, please BE SAFE and do not interact with other dogs -Bring a ***yellow ribbon*** on your leash to signify your dog is a DINOS dog
* You must supply your own poops bags & water
* Maintain enough space between dogs so they are walking as close as possible without them having impulses to smell each other. The goal is harmony and co-existence with space.
* We all walk at different paces, but please *DO NOT* pass the Pack Walk Coordinator unless otherwise instructed.
* When a dog needs a water break we will all take a break together as a group, please do not pass others.
Our goal is to walk as a pack – close enough for positive interactions – far enough as needed if your dog is reactive. We want our dogs to have a safe and structured social experience.