December DMV Small Dog Play Group: PIZZA PAWTY
December 17 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm EST
**PIZZA PAWTY **
Hoping to have a Holiday gift exchange (but please still come if you don’t want to or can’t participate in gift exchange, gifts not required to join).
The indoor location we have booked is District Dogs Northeast Bark Venue. The location offers 2 fully indoor dog rooms, dog agility equipment, a kitchenette and a private bathroom. Maximum 2 dogs to one person, the more humans the better! Please note that the amount of pizza purchased is relative to amount of tickets sold, which is PER DOG. Check out the venue by looking at the pictures featured (taken directly from their website) or by using this link:
Your $20 cost PER DOG for party reservation includes:
1. 2 hour rental of indoor dog space for 10 dogs minimum and 20 dogs maximum (we must have at least 10 dogs RSVPing in advance or the event will be rescheduled).
2. Pizza for people
3. Puppuccinos for pups
4. Love from little dogs!
Gifts must be:
1. Equivalent to around $5-15 (gifts can be brought from home if they were unused/gently used by your pup pal)
3. concealed (whether this is through wrapping paper, a reusable bag, or a box)
4. Related or useful to being a small dog owner (examples could include waste bags, waste bag dispensers, xsmall/small pup clothes, beds, harnesses, leashes, pet first aid kits, feeding bowls, pet water bottles, lick mats/slow feeders, games, grooming supplies like nail clippers or brushes, non-toxic pet hygiene items like toothpaste or oatmeal shampoo, etc). NO TREATS/TOYS!
When you enter the venue, we will have a small table or box at the entryway for you to place gifts on/in. This will ensure that no one will see who’s gift belongs to who. You will attach a number sticker to your gift. Number stickers will be on the table.
In order to keep our pups as safe and protected as possible, please respect our guidelines and rules.
Any dog attending meetups must be
1. Under 25 lbs
2. Fully vaccinated and up to date on vaccinations. “Fully vaccinated” includes being current on DHPP and Rabies. We also **strongly** recommend Leptospirosis, Bordetella and Influenza because our dogs will be playing in close contact and are more at risk to succumbing to one of these illnesses. Most dogs begin these vaccination cycles in puppyhood and continue with boosters every 1-3 years by Veterinary recommendation with optional vaccines such as Lyme disease, depending on your dogs lifestyle.
3. Older than 16-18 weeks (this is when the puppy is eligible to be fully vaccinated)
4. Current on Flea protection
5. Current on Worm protection
6. Able to usually respond to basic commands directly from their own person
1. We want to leave the location better than the way we found it, so please pick up waste and trash
2. Bring bags to clean up after your Pup
3. Be considerate of other people and their dog. Respect is key.
4. Be mindful of your dog and their behavior at all times.
5. Solicitation of other members for any reason is against the guidelines of this group
***We understand that sometimes dogs will be dogs! However, if any of the following events occur, you and your dog may be respectfully asked to leave the meetup:
1. The dog in your care shows aggressive behavior towards other dogs numerous times after being asked by you to stop
2. The dog in your care injures, or seriously attacks another dog
3. You, as a human, are negligent of your dogs aggressive behaviors, and do not respond appropriately (especially if requested by other members).
4. You, as a human, are disrespectful towards another person or dog in the group (this includes but is not limited to: picking up, grabbing, feeding, or petting other dogs without their human’s expressed consent, hurtful language on basis of race, gender, sexuality, nationality, culture, religion, etc., and even giving unsolicited dog-parenting advice without consent) ***