- This event has passed.
CAMPING! Kelso Dunes, Pisgah Crater, Lava Tubes exploration. Trilobites too!!
February 17 @ 5:00 pm - February 20 @ 7:00 pm EST
Dogs on Dunes . . . YAY!! How often are dogs welcome on trails?
Kelso Dunes is a fantastic area normally ignored. **Dune surfing on musical dunes!**
Pisgah Crater is a Cinder Cone and Lava Flow **WITH lava tubes/lava caves.** It is to a fantastic other worldly area.
& **Trilobites too**!!
Perfect for adventure or photo safari.
No doubt about it . . . this is going to be a super fun place for us to explore.
This is Flexible Camping. Meaning you can choose for how long you stay for. You can spend Fri, Sat and Sun AND Monday nights. Or just do Fri and Sat. The choice is yours. Monday is Presidents Day. Some of us have that off or can get it off.
Most will come and do the normal Fri & Sat nights making the primary
You do not need to decide now. Same cost no matter how long or short you wish to stay.
**Friday**: . . . Open Arrival Window
**Saturday**: Main activity will be Exploration of Lava Tubes and Volcanic Caves
**Sunday:** Kelso Dunes, Trilobites then home. (unless staying Mon)
**Monday:** Bonus day to explore more caves or other nearby areas.
***Cost? $122.22 Per Person. 17 and under are free.***
***[Click Here for Secure Payment Link](https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/C73P8RJEHNHAQ)***
Mainly this will be what is called Tent Camping or Car Camping.
Meaning most folks will be in tents and cars are parked nearby and easily accessible.
You do bring your own tent, sleeping gear and food.
This way it’s the kind of food you like and you can make meals when you wish. Also . . . the logistics of us providing tents and food and making meals would fill up a cargo truck.
Can I sleep in my car? Yes.
Can I bring an RV, Campervan or Trailer? Campervan and Small RV ok (there will be no hookups of any sort. This will be boondocking.
What are you providing?
* We will be providing plenty of hardwood firewood.
* The site for up to three nights camping.
* Leading Activities/Schedule
* The social
* The campfire time
* The meetup
* The restrooms
What are the restrooms and showers? Is there electricity?
No electricity. Use your car to charge your phone.
There will be pit style restrooms (not flush).
There will be shower booths. Bring a “solar showers” bags if you want to use those.
Is this dog friendly? Yes. But dogs will not be happy walking on the lava flow or the cinder without booties. If small you can carry. They can also fall into crevices. So you need to keep an eye on them.
However . . . Dogs will LOVE the Kelso Dunes part.
Is this kid friendly?
Poking around in caves and climbing on things? What could be better!!
This will be a a little more rustic than our other events. However the location and activity/adventure will very much be worth it.
**To attend this event:**
* **RSVP on this event.** (then)
* **[Click Here for Secure Payment Link](https://www.paypal.com/instantcommerce/checkout/C73P8RJEHNHAQ)**
* **[Click Here and fill out our google form](https://forms.gle/7LktppE3Uqo67XSs5)**
You can also fill out the form if only interested and want to stay in the loop.
**Pix & Vids**
* [Kelso Dunes](https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=kelso+dunes)
* [Click Here for a photo gallery that includes our last trip Kelso and Ring Trial (as well as to Pisgah Caves, and Fossil hunting)](https://photos.app.goo.gl/4nUZ93gfT3AX43b76)
* [Click Here for images of Pisgah Lava Tubes](https://www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=pisgah+lava+tubes)
* [Click Here for some drone, and lava cave vid footage](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_trmtT1_Huo)
* [Click Here for a really long vid but good footage](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qKdFdEZqs8)
**[Click Here](https://secure.meetup.com/messages/?new_convo=true&member_id=273063881)**[ to send a Direct Message to Marc (screen name Oddie)](https://secure.meetup.com/messages/?new_convo=true&member_id=273063881)
**[Click Here](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282592604/)**[ for our Local Camping Zoom Q & A (once a month) Wed 7:30 PM](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282592604/)
* *[General Policies](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282460572/) Including: Notice of Non-Discrimination, General Refunds Policy, Cancelation Policies as well as General Liability and Safety Policies/Procedures/Practices*
* *[Carpool info](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282458970/)*
* *[Newbie Camping Advice All things GEAR](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282543094/)*
* *[Newbie Camping Advice All things FOOD](https://www.meetup.com/MoreToExplore/events/282543120/)*
We believe in good decent social. We have a set of sister group we post our local free, local/regional camping, and our overseas events to.
[Main event link for this event](https://www.meetup.com/ladventure/events/291314395/)
[To see all our other events](https://www.meetup.com/ccccc-c/events)