- This event has passed.
Aug 21: Ravinia BYOW Evening Picnic #3 of 4. Tchaikovsky’s 1812 by CSO! $15.
August 21, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Folks: How about a dog-free evening under the stars? I have been doing this for five plus years and it is always a blast.
1. Aug 21: Ravinia BYOW Evening Picnic #3 of 4. Tchaikovsky’s 1812 by the CSO! $15. Cheap!
2. Event & Ticket Link: https://www.ravinia.org/ShowDetails/2037/tchaikovsky-spectacular-with-the-cso
3. PLEASE NOTE: THIS CONCERT STARTS AT 5PM (vs the usual 7:30-8:00 PM for most Ravinia events.) We will begin to gather from 3:30pm-ish!!!
4. Join us for a fun BYOW evening on the lawn, sharing wines, BYO-snacking and… lying on how we LOST weight during the covid shutdown! (It is also BYO-Lawn Chair or you can rent one there.) We Meetup near Big Butt, spread out, self introduce and laff. What’s not to like?
Your Evenings Entertainment:
3:30 pm-5:00 pm: Gather, drink wine, lie.
5:00 pm -8:30 pm-ish: Boom-boom time – Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture and Music by the CSO! Need I say more?
1. As mentioned, we will Meetup near Big Butt, from 3:30 pm for the 5:00 pm concert. I will be wearing a BLAZE ORANGE HAT for easy identification.
2. Be sure to get un-reserved/General Admission Lawn Tickets: $15.
3. Tickets go on sale AFTER May 4th, 2022+.
4. Naturally… everything is tentative during this recovery year.
> > > > > > IMPORTANT HOUSEKEEPING STUFF<<<<<< 2022 Ravinia Full Schedule: https://www.ravinia.org/calendar
> Tip: Get your tickets early… they may sell out fast.
> What can you also bring? Ravinia is famous for it’s relaxed attitude regarding coolers, wheeled carts, card-tables, etc. I once saw a peep bring in a small keg of beer on a Red Ryder! His kids had to walk.
> Be sure to bring a jacket: Even warm days become cool nights near the lake.
> If you don’t want to (or can’t) bring a lawn chair: Ravinia rents them for a low fee. (Some peeps bring blankets – but they rarely look happy. Especially when their butts get damp. Blanketeers then stand up and say something like “I need to stretch my legs”. Once a blanketeer says that… point your finger at him/her and scream “DAMPY BUTT! DAMPY BUTT!” haha)
I run three groups: A dog walking group (woof, woof)! A wine tasting group (burp, burp!) and a art group. Sometimes I can blend two or three together. This is a great time to blend. But… please no gang flashing’s.
fearless leader and cat-herder (grade 4)
PS: If you like wine and evening wine-picnic’s consider joining the North Shore Wine Group? We are NOT wine snobs! Levi jeans are the uniform of the day. YOU DO NOT NEED TO JOIN THE NSWG TO ATTEND OUR EVENTS… just show up!
Please Note: The Metra Ravinia stop IS THE FRONT GATE!