April DMV Small Dog Play Group: EARTH DAY DOGGIES
April 21 @ 2:30 pm - April 22 @ 4:30 pm EDT
**EARTH DAY DOGGIES**
Meeting for earth day to celebrate our dogs! BRING WATER for your pups, as it seems this is a new park and they have only installed a water fountain on the big dog side. I chose this park for it’s good reviews, low crowd levels, and small dog section. Additionally, this park has a really great story about a community coming together, which you can read more about here:
The dog park is on the western end of the park. Gateway park is somewhat accessible by metro, the closest stop being an 8 min walk away from the bus stop to the park by the Blue. Please note this location does NOT have much parking. Rosslyn Gateway-Garage, which is just around the block (a 4 min walk away) charges $3 per hour of use. General access for daily parkers is on North Moore Street. I believe the reservation has to be set up online in advance. Their website states that once you enter the garage, you cannot purchase additional reservations to extend your time. I will include a link for Rosslyn Gateway-Garage if you’d like to reserve parking:
A $10 donation annually is recommended, (the platform charges me monthly to have the meetup group). You can pay in venmo, PayPal, Facebook pay, or cash at any event and your donation goes directly towards improving the group. BUT I am low income myself, so I understand how struggling can prevent a person from making it to social events. If you are in this position, we don’t want the donation to stop you from attending. If this is the case, speak to the organizer, and you can ‘pay-what-you-can’ down to $0.
**BOTH Venmo/PayPal: @mxlayneOR bring cash with you to the event**
In order to keep our pups as safe and protected as possible, please respect our guidelines and rules.
Any dog attending meetups must be
1. Under 25 lbs
2. Fully vaccinated and up to date on vaccinations. “Fully vaccinated” includes being current on DHPP and Rabies. We also strongly recommend Leptospirosis, Bordetella and Influenza because our dogs will be playing in close contact and are more at risk to succumbing to one of these illnesses. Most dogs begin these vaccination cycles in puppyhood and continue with boosters every 1-3 years by Veterinary recommendation with optional vaccines such as Lyme disease, depending on your dogs lifestyle.
3. Older than 16-18 weeks (this is when the puppy is eligible to be fully vaccinated)
4. Current on Flea protection
5. Current on Worm protection
6. Able to usually respond to basic commands directly from their own person
1. We want to leave the location better than the way we found it, so please pick up waste and trash
2. Bring bags to clean up after your Pup
3. Be considerate of other people and their dog. Respect is key.
4. Be mindful of your dog and their behavior at all times.
5. Solicitation of other members for any reason is against the guidelines of this group
***We understand that sometimes dogs will be dogs! However, if any of the following events occur, you and your dog may be respectfully asked to leave the meetup:
1. The dog in your care shows aggressive behavior towards other dogs numerous times after being asked by you to stop
2. The dog in your care injures, or seriously attacks another dog
3. You, as a human, are negligent of your dogs aggressive behaviors, and do not respond appropriately (especially if requested by other members).
4. You, as a human, are disrespectful towards another person or dog in the group (this includes but is not limited to: picking up, grabbing, feeding, or petting other dogs without their human’s expressed consent, hurtful language on basis of race, gender, sexuality, nationality, culture, religion, etc., and even giving unsolicited dog-parenting advice without consent) ***